Saturday, June 11, 2011

summer veggies!


YAY! It hasn't been a million years and I'm back to try to stay in a routine with this! I swear I'm going to do it! It's been a pretty busy week and I have to say that starting back to school has been tougher than I thought it was going to be. Getting back in the groove of doing all this work is not as easy as you might think! Anyway, I'm done with all the work I had to do this week and I even had enough time to have dinner with hubs, take some pictures and enjoy the afternoon! Doesn't seem like too big a feat I know but after the last few weeks of nose in the books it was a very welcome improvement! anyway.....moving on! Our garden is getting ready to put out some serious veggies and I can't wait!

Here is our garden plot the day we planted it...about six weeks ago



These are our tomato and pepper beds...on the same day



My little farmer! Isn't he so cute! Plus, I have to give credit where credit is due, he truly does 90% of the work! So I can't take credit for much.



And now here is our garden today! Looking pretty good if I do say so myself. Six weeks after putting all our little seeds in the ground and we will soon be harvesting tomatoes, peppers (bell, banana, chili and cayenne), corn (three kinds!), cucumbers, zucchini, squash, eggplant, okra and potatoes! YUMMM! I can't wait!

From right to left: potatoes, cucumber, squash/zucchini, okra, corn



Opposite cornier: This gives a better angle on the corn and eggplant





And last but certainly not least our tomato bed! I'm so excited, one of the main reasons I love summer is because of all of the fresh tomatoes! We have ten different kinds of tomatoes planted and I can't wait to eat them all!!! And the best part is they're all heirloom so we can save the seeds and start our own seedlings next year! This will save us some major $$$ since most good tomato plants run anywhere from $1-$8! Seriously!



Those sad little guys in the back corner are bell pepper plants but not to worry they shoul be shooting up any time!



I can't wait! We should be eating this little one within the week!



As much as I love gardening I have to admit that our garden would not exist without the help of my gardening genius daddy! I swear he knows so much I want to interview him and write a book one day! I hope that one day I can know all he knows about gardening and everything else in the world! He is an amazing man and I am blessed to call him my dad! I guess I should save the mushy father/daughter stuff until next weekend huh? Either way I thank God for him every day!



Sorry to be weird and be so excited about my garden! I guess that's part of living in the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment