Saturday, July 16, 2011

4th of July....a few weeks late.

I have to say, I played with the idea of skipping a 4th of July post, but I decided I should do it, even if it's a few weeks late! Hub's friends are BIG fans of the 4th and I have to admit that every year we spend together I'm becoming much more fond of it than I used to be. It's not quite #1 to me yet, Thanksgiving will always be my favorite, but it is a great weekend every year! This year, like most, we spent the whole weekend at the lake. I love being at the lake and would gladly move there permanently if we didn't have school and jobs...dream big right!? Anyway, needless to say we had a blast! Truly enjoyed celebrating our nations freedom with food, friends, family and fireworks! Get ready for lots of pictures! 


 A little afternoon kayak for the girls.

 Two girls enjoying the boat ride.
 Bubs and Hubs...two of my very favorite people in the world!
 She begged us to teach her to wake board! Needless to say this will probably have to wait a few years.
Bubs diving off the boathouse.
 My little sister(s) jumping off the boathouse. (above and below)

Holding up 4 for the 4th!
 Dakota & I on the boat.
Hubs and some friends.
Group shot.
Boys on the boat.
Trying to tube as much as possible before the sun sets. How pretty is that though?
Our yummy dinner spread.
American desserts! 
All the boats headed out to see the fireworks. Lake Burton puts on an AMAZING show every year!

Needless to say we had a blast and are so thankful for our freedom! It's such a great blessing to be able to enjoy great times with friends and family.


Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom.
2 Corinthians 3:17


No comments:

Post a Comment